Steps For Roku Channel Activation
The easiest way to add channels to your Roku Player is via the Roku Channel Store. When you stumble on a channel that you find interesting and want to download, follow the instructions below for Roku channel activation:
- Select “Add channel ” and approve the selection.
- If you have a PIN (which is recommended for security purposes), enter your PIN number.
- Repeat this step for any other channels you’re interested in.
Once you’re done, press the home button to exit the store.
How to remove installed channels?
The simplest way to uninstall a channel is from the home screen.
- From the home screen, select the channel you would like to uninstall and click on the * button on your remote.
- Choose “Remove channel” and press “OK” on your remote to confirm the deletion of the channel.
- Repeat this process for any additional channels you would like to remove.
Channels that you have bought that aren’t subscription-based can be added again to your Roku at no additional cost. Subscription-based channels can only be removed after your subscription is discontinued. If you happen to remove a subscribed channel before your billing cycle expires, you can still access the channel until your subscription ends.
Removing Installed Channels via the Channel Store:
- On the home screen, select “Streaming Channels” on the menu.
- Choose the channel you would like to uninstall and select OK.
- Check the check mark on the bottom right-hand side that mentions an installed channel.
- Click Remove channel and verify the selection when prompted.
Note: You can not remove channels at the Roku.com link.
Adding Private channels:
Because Roku is an open platform, developers can create unique and intriguing channels that may someday appear on the Roku Channel Store after a severe approval process.
If you would like to add a private channel to your device, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to my.roku.com and log in to your Roku account.
- Select “Add a channel”.
- Enter the code you received from the channel developer.
Within 24 hours you should be able to watch the channel on the Roku player’s home screen and to view it in “My Channels” in the Roku Channel Store.
Note: Because these channels are deemed as “private”, they may not be fit for everyone. Roku does not provide support for these channels.